We will be constantly adding to this page, so keep checking back! Have a flier you want to add to this list? Email to email@example.com
- Fancy Feet Performing Arts Day Camp
Camp drop off: 7:00am-8:30am Pick up: 6:30pm
Share in the magic of this Special Camp where your child will learn Ballet,Tap, Gymnastics, Jazz/Hip Hop, Acting & Improv and participate in Crafts & Games.
Every Week has a theme and ends with a performance for the parents.
- Engineering Summer Camp at Iridescent
July 11-15, 2011: Musical Instrument Engineering – ages 8-12
July 18-22, 2011: Animals as Engineering Inspiration – ages 6-9
July 25-29, 2011: Underwater Robotics – ages 13+
August 1-5, 2011: Worms vs. Robots – ages 11-14
Cost is $300 per session, financial aid available. Learn more and register.
- BRONX HOUSE-After school and Summer Day Camp
*****SPRING OPEN HOUSE-SATURDAY, APRIL 2, 2011
The Advantage After School Program is sponsored by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services. The program aims to improve your child’s standardized test scores, as well as promote healthy lifestyles, social skills, literacy skills and service to the community.
• Homework Help
|• Arts & Crafts||• Literacy|
|• Dance||• Swimming|
|• Drumming||• Life Skills and Social Skills|
|• Education/Community Service||* Special Events and Much More!|
Summer Fun Day Camp for 3 and 4 year olds:
Looking for something fun and exciting for your pre-schooler this summer? Bronx House is proud to offer “Summer Fun”, a pre-camp program for children ages 3-4 years old. Pre-schoolers are given a comfortable introduction to pre-kindergarten with their indoor camp program in their building.The program will include swimming in the indoor pool, 2 trips to Henry Kaufmann Campground in Pearl River, NY playground, arts and crafts, music, games, songs, and much more. All children will receive a Summer Fun Day Camp t-shirt. For more information Please call 718-792-1800 ext. 249.
2011 Summer Day Camp:
See brochure here: http://www.bronxhouse.org/uploads/2011%20camp%20brochure-final%20version.pdf
- KIPS BAY BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB-Castle Hill Clubhouse
Castle Hill Unit offers an after school program free of charge for youth 6 through 12 years of age and a evening youth program for teenagers 13 through 18. Some activities offered are:
- Partners In Reading – a tutorial reading program for first through third grade.
- Power Hour – a Boys & Girls Club program which encourages participants to start and complete their homework assignments.
- Track & Field – sponsored through New York Road Runners Club. Members attend regular workout meetings and every couple of months they attend a track meet. The children get to compete in different areas against other children throughout the city.
- Basketball – Members of all different age groups that participate in basketball tournaments through out the year.
- Dance – Members perform in all of their seasonal shows. Their dance groups are called: Castle Hills Prodigy, Castle Hill Evolution, Castle Hill Positive Vibes
- Arts & Crafts – Members decorate the Unit with the work they do. The bulletin boards and hallways are changed on a regular basis and decorated by the children.
- Computer Lab – The lab offers members the opportunity to do project research, homework, and enhance their computer skills.
- Game Room – They have different types of board games, foosball, table hockey, ping pong, electronic games. The coordinator makes it challenging as well as fun by creating tournaments for the different games.
- Smart Girls and Passport to Manhood, a Boys & Girls Club Curriculum – In this program the members are learning hands on the responsibility that comes along with employment. They attend weekly meetings with the coordinator and perform community service outside of Castle Hill Unit. They attend special workshops set up for them. They are assigned to designated areas of the program to assist our counselors.
- This is also one of the Kips Bay Boys & Girls Club sites hosting the “Summer Youth Employment Program”.
- NYC PARKS AND RECREATION SUMMER CAMP
*****Online registration for the summer camps will begin at 9 a.m. on March 11 and end at 11:59 p.m. on March 13.
Parks runs summer camp programs in recreation centers citywide for children ages 6-13 (except for Raymond O’Connor Camp). Please call the individual centers for specific information.
Each week, your child will:
- go on trips to places like zoos, parks, museums, NYC attractions, and other exciting cultural and educational institutions
- participate in sports and fitness activities
- create arts & crafts projects
- play team building and recreational games
- learn computers and technology
- swim at our pools
- and more!
Summer camp will take place from July 5 through August 19, 2011.
Regular day camps (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.): $500
Extended day camps (8 a.m. – 6 p.m.): $575 – Currently not offered at Red Hook, Staten Island or Queens.
Online registration for the summer camps will begin at 9 a.m. on March 11 and end at 11:59 p.m. on March 13. To ensure fairness, the registration will take place by lottery, which will randomly select applications from those who register.
- Only one application per child will be accepted; multiple applications will disqualify you from the lottery.
- There is no preferential treatment for siblings and/or past participants in our summer camp program.
- Entry in the lottery requires a computer and an email address.
The following recreation centers will offer onsite registration assistance on March 11th from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. and March 12th from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.:
- Owen Dolen
- St. James
- St. Mary’s
- Hunt’s Point
- Met Pool
- Red Hook
- St. John’s
- Tony Dapolito
- E 54th
- Hansborough – March 11th 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. only
- Pelham Fritz – March 12th 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. only
- Al Smith
All applicants will be notified by March 15 via phone and email if they have been selected. Any available spot still open after the lottery will be offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. After March 16, contact the camp you are interested in for more information.