The application for the Bronx Museum Teen Council is now open. This eight-month paid internship allows teen to increase their knowledge of the arts, learn video production skills, and improve their resume. More information is below:
Teen Council Application 2017-2018
Created in 2005, the Bronx Museum Teen Council seeks to make contemporary art and culture accessible to urban youth and strengthen and extend the bridge between the Bronx Museum and its diverse audiences. Through the school year, a group of thirteen high school teens work closely with Museum educators and explore art through artist interviews, video production, “zine” publication, and exhibition process.
Check out what Teen Council has done in the past here.
WHAT DOES THE TEEN COUNCIL DO?
• Create MuseCast videos that are viewed by teens and adults from around the world on Youtube
• Create MuseZines, a small publication containing articles and art from Council Members.
• Meet artists, attend gallery openings, and spend time learning about New York’s contemporary arts scene.
• Learn computer, audio recording, video, and publishing techniques.
• Make new friends!
• Develop great college resume experience.
• Get paid for your work.
• Teen Council members meet for two hours a session, twice a week (Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:30 – 6:30 PM) from October – June.
• The Bronx Museum Teen Council is a paid internship. Participants are paid a stipend for each session.
• You must be between 14-19 years old
• Entering 9th – 12th grades in the 2017-2018 schoolyear or enrolled in a New York State High School Equivalency Diploma Program
DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2017