This is a sponsored post
If you’re going for the classic Father’s Day BBQ this year, then look no further. We’ve partnered up with BJ’s Wholesale Club to bring you some delicious ideas beyond the typical hot dog and hamburger options- but still simple enough that you can keep dad off grill duty. Using all items from BJ’s, we threw together a quick BBQ for a party of several adults and kids.
Don’t have a grill? These dishes can all be cooked inside as well- or pick up a grill from BJ’s and let that count as part of dad’s gift!
We really wanted to keep this simple. So we grabbed a Hormel Party Tray and a box of Town House tri-pack of crackers for everyone to munch on while the food was being prepped.
Rather than larger bags of chips, we opted for a large variety pack- simple and easy for guests to just grab the bag they want and no need for extra bowls to keep the chips out.
For dad, we went with a fun Summer Variety Pack of Mexican beers that caught our eye and would go well with the Mexican Grilled Corn.
Now Onto the Recipes….
Grilled Tomato Salsa
We started with a basic salsa that was used on both the mushroom dish and the steak.
– white onions – Roma tomatoes – Fresh Cilantro – Sriracha
- Grill tomatoes and onions on BBQ
- Chop Cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tablespoon of Sriracha if desired
- Mix together and chill in refrigerator until needed
Mexican Grilled Corn
-corn on the cob -cilantro -butter – Parmesan cheese
- Grill corn on BBQ grill, leaving tusks on
- Coat with butter
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese
- Garnish with Cilantro
Steak and Mushroom Capreze
Tip: make some of these without steak for anyone who doesn’t eat meat.
-large portobello mushrooms -steak -fresh mozzarella
- Clean portobello mushrooms, carve out inside
- Place uncooked thinly sliced steak inside
- Grill mushroom, steak side up
- When almost done, top with mozzarella until melted
- Garnish with the grilled tomato salsa
Sauteed Green Beans and Fingerling Potatoes
This is a great side dish for any BBQ- and a great way to add green to an otherwise hardy Father’s Day plate.
-Fresh Cut Green Beans -Bag of Fingerling Potatoes -Fresh Garlic -Parmesan Cheese
- Boil fingerling potatoes until tender
- Blanch green beans, set aside
- Mince garlic
- Heat skillet with olive oil and add minced garlic
- Add green beans and potatoes and saute together
- Finish with salt & pepper and Parmesan cheese
Sweet Bourbon Chicken Drums
Drumsticks are always a great option to add to any BBQ, especially for children. They also can feed a lot of people with one package thanks to BJ’s package size options.
– Sweet Bourbon Marinade from Wellsley Farms -Chicken Drumsticks
- Marinate Chicken in Sweet Bourbon Sauce
- Let marinate for few hours in fridge
- Throw on grill and cook until done
Grilled Double Cut Sirloin
Rather than a bunch of individual steaks, we went with a large cut of sirloin steak that took up less space on the grill and could be cut thinly to serve everyone.
-Large Sirloin -Fresh Thyme -Fresh Garlic -Ingredients for Salsa (see above)
- Marinate steak with olive oil, fresh thyme, rough chopped garlic, salt & pepper
- Grill until internal temperature is 145 degrees
- Slice thinly against grain and top with grilled tomato salsa
And there you have it! A simple but filling BBQ spread for Father’s Day that leaves time for the most important part-spending time with family. With simple prep instructions and items that can be cooked simultaneously, you’ll have the table set in no time. All in all this spread cost us exactly $200, with the sirloin being the priciest item at around $70. Go with a simpler meat item and you can create a very similar spread for under $150.
Some ideas to add to this spread are the great vegetable platters from BJ’s, a delicious cake or brownie platter for the sweet tooth that comes after a yummy meal, and a bottle of Moscato for the wine lovers to enjoy. Throw in one of the many magazines located by the register for some future recipe inspiration.
With a simple visit to BJ’s, you can put together an entire Father’s Day gathering that will impress dad and the rest of the family. Happy Father’s Day and happy grilling!
For more information about BJ’s Wholesale Club, visit www.bjs.com
Not a BJ’s member yet?
Currently, BJ’s Wholesale Club is offering non-members a Free 90-Day Membership available now through Sunday, July 3. Simply print the coupon at http://bit.ly/1T695nN and visit your local BJ’s club to activate their trial.
Also, BJ’s is also currently offering a 15 month membership for $40 now through Sunday, July 3 plus a coupon book with more than $2,000 worth of savings.
Share your BBQ recipes with us this summer using the #Bronxmama hashtag- we’d love to feature your recipe on our site!
This is a sponsored post- we received compensation to create recipes for this post. As always, all opinions are our own.