If you haven’t already heard- Peapod, Stop and Shop’s delivery service, just expanded their coverage in the 5 boroughs. Just in time for those upcoming summer BBQs or basic shopping lists that allow you to spend more outdoor time with family and loved ones. To celebrate, we had some fun hosting a dinner party with friends- and are including YOU in on the fun by giving away a $100 gift card to try Peapod for yourself!
To help us plan a delicious recipe for our cooking party, we headed over to Gatheredtable, a site that helps you meal plan, find recipes, and overall simplify your life. I chose Asian Pork Burgers and a Minted Watermelon Salad because it seemed like a simple yet flavorful recipe that my guests could recreate this summer and impress their guests or hosts. Then, I took my list of ingredients and headed to peadpod.com to create my list. After adding in groceries for the rest of the week as well and scheduling a delivery day and time, I was done! My groceries arrived the next day and I simply put them away!
When my first guests arrived, we got our mise en place ready for the rest of our guests. First up was the Minted Watermelon Salad so we could let it chill in the fridge while we formed our pork burgers. We munched on hummus with pita chips that I also ordered from Peapod, as well as some homemade dips with tortilla chips. It was then time to grill the burgers!
To result? Delish! Everyone had an amazing time, and went home with a fun giftbag from Peapod.
Now it’s your turn! Want to win a $100 giftcard to Peapod so you can try the convenience of shopping from home? Please note: this contest is only open to residents who live in one of the 5 boroughs!
TO ENTER: Leave a comment below letting us know what you would do with that extra hour of free time from ordering your groceries online Of course, please follow Peapod on their social channels:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PeapodDelivers?fref=ts
- Twitter: @PeapodDelivers
- Instagram: @Peapoddelivers
Here are some great additional facts about Peapod:
It’s all about the food
- In NY, Peapod offers the best of the suburban grocery store without having to go to the suburbs!
- A full assortment of popular grocery and store-brand products, from grocery basics to farm-fresh produce; top quality meats and seafood; prepared foods and party trays; deli meats and cheeses that are sliced to order; Kosher, organic and specialty foods; time savers like rotisserie chickens; office, school, health & beauty and pet supplies and store brands like Nature’s Promise (affordable organics and natural products)
- To celebrate NY, our Best of NY selection offers local specialties from purveyors Balthazar Bakery, Brooklyn Bread, Distinctive Sweets, Grumpy Johns and more on Peapod.com.
- Looking for meal planning inspiration? Check out Gatheredtable. You can build your weekly meal plan and instantly add all the ingredients to your Peapod shopping cart.
- Peapod.com shows the running total of the bill as you shop so it’s easy to determine a budget and stick to it.
- The site sorts products from highest to lowest unit cost in each aisle so it makes finding the best value a breeze – you can also sort by health criteria.
- Avoid impulse buys – since there’s no check-out line, there’s no temptation to buy that candy bar or celebrity magazine (unless you want one!).
- Peapod doubles manufacturers’ coupons and offers a variety of budget friendly store brands like Nature’s Promise and Simply Enjoy.
- Guess My Order (Called Order Genius on the new mobile app) can auto-fill your cart with the items you buy most frequently and even recall shopping history from Stop & Shop or Giant loyalty reward cards.
Thanks again to PeaPod and Gatheredtable for the fun experience and for providing this great giveaway! We were given a giftcard to facilitate this post. All opinions are our own.