It’s March, you know what that means- Spring is finally coming, St. Patrick’s Day fun, and NCAA tournaments! Whether you’re actually into the games, or just in it for the food, it’s always a good time when fun game time recipes are involved! This time we are sharing a recipe straight from Johnsonville using their brat sausages and a crockpot.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 large slow cooker
- 3-4 cans (12 ounces each) beer (depending on the size of your slow cooker)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, sliced into rings
- Johnsonville Brats
What to Do:
- Pour in the beer, add butter & onions first, then turn slow cooker on high
- Heat a grill pan or heavy skillet to medium high and grill or sear the brats on all sides (Brats are fully cooked when the internal temperature reaches 160F)
- Add your Johnsonville Brats to the slow cooker and heat until the brats are cooked through, about 2 hours
- Reduce heat to low to keep the brats hot throughout the game
- When folks are ready for seconds or thirds — or even when stragglers show up late –grab a Johnsonville Brat out of this indoor Brat Crock and enjoy!
We love this super simple idea that will be a hit with the adults enjoying the game. Add in some simple sides and condiments, and you’ve got an easy game recipe that you didn’t have to spend hours in the kitchen for. For more recipes using Johnsonville, head over to johnsonville.com.
We were compensated for this post in order to facilitate the recipe- opinions are still always our own!