We love any reason to have a get together- especially for the little ones. Over the years we’ve hosted and been to some seriously cute Valentine’s Day soirees. The mini parties can be as simple as cookie decorating to Valentines Day cards or crafts. Here are some fun ideas to host a Valentines Day get together at your place:
1. It’s all about the colors. We love using the white platters we have paired with silvers and reds. Bring out a punch bowl with strawberry sherbet and sprite, place some heart cookies on a cake platter, or cupcakes with red icing on a cakestand. Work with what you have! We loved this cute idea of using Walker’s Shortbread cookies to make X’s and O’s. You can display them or have the kids decorate them with icing.
2. The great thing about Valentines Day is that homemade decorations are actually really adorable. It’s so simple to make a banner of hearts using construction paper and ribbon. Let your kids help you make a banner before the party or everyone can decorate a few hearts during the party and help to hang it up themselves.
3.Our favorite thing to do is to make cards at the parties. Valentines Day cards are always so much fun because you can use materials like paper doilies, cut out hearts, and other fun items. Kids can make a card for family and friends and take them all home in a cute decorated paper bag.
4. Beyond the sweets, you can do some simple finger foods like sandwiches cut into a heart shape with a cookie cutter and some fruit on the side like strawberries. Keep it simple! If you’re only serving a few treats, be sure to let guests know so they don’t leave starving!
5. Create a fun photo booth or backdrop where kids and their parents can take fun pictures using props. It can be as simple as a few hearts on the wall, to a fun back and white wrapping paper background with fun red photo props. These can usually be picked up at a local party store or a fun DIY using construction paper and skewers. If friends are going to be sharing their pictures on their social media accounts, create a fun hashtag for the event like #BrianasSoiree so that everyone can go back and see all of the fun photos from you event!
6. Include decor throughout the house in simple and unexpected places. It will be fun for guests to discover it throughout the party and you can keep it up for the month of February while love is in the air!
Want some more ideas? Check out our Pinterest board for more inspiration. Have fun! XOXO