Find out now: www.nyc.gov/knowyourzone
Know Your Zone has information about the six hurricane evacuation zones, the hazards you may face from a hurricane and what to do to prepare.
- Below are some steps to prepare for Hurricane Season:
- Use NYC’s Hurricane Evacuation Zone Finder or call 311 to find out whether your home or business is located in a hurricane evacuation zone.
- Understand hurricane hazards and the steps you can take to prepare.
- Sign up for Notify NYC (https://a858-nycnotify.nyc.gov/notifynyc/). Get the latest emergency information via text, phone, email, fax, Twitter (@NotifyNYC), BlackBerry Messenger, and instant messenger.
- Share the Ready New York Hurricane Guide: The guide contains instructions on how to develop a hurricane disaster plan and secure your home before a storm as well as a map of New York City hurricane evacuation zones.http://www.nyc.gov/html/oem/html/ready/hurricane_guide.shtml