The Police Athletic League (PAL) launches its 2013 Summer Playstreets Program in the Bronx on Monday, July 8th. New York City youngsters play traditional sidewalk games, develop their creativity through the arts, and learn from a wide range of educational, recreational and cultural arts specialists.
PAL’s Summer Playstreets Program closes off streets and utilizes other public areas, such as playgrounds and parks, throughout New York City to provide children with safe, supervised places to enjoy outdoor summer activities. Playstreets are open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. through August 23rd, and are free to all New York City children. Playstreets offer sports, arts and crafts, games, music and dance. Featured activities include Double Dutch jump rope, Hopscotch, Nok Hockey and basketball. PAL is operating close to 50 Playstreets throughout the five boroughs this summer, in addition to offering Cops & Kids teams and day camps.
New York City’s Police Athletic League is the first and finest civilian-run PAL in the country. Founded in 1914, PAL has served the city’s young people for 99 years. PAL provides recreational, educational, cultural and social activities to 40,000 boys and girls annually. It is also the city’s largest, independent, nonprofit youth organization. Following is a list of Playstreets in the Bronx. For more information, please visit www.palnyc.org.
July 8 – August 23
Mon to Fri, 9:00am – 5:00pm
Playstreet Location Zip Code
- Castle Hill Playground Castle Hill Avenue 10458
Between Parker & St. Raymond’s Avenues
- Mott Playground Morris to College Avenue 10456
Between East 166th & 167th Streets
- Mullaly Park Jerome to River Avenue 10452
Between East 164 St and McClelland Street
At Cromwell Avenue
- Parque De Los Niños Morrison Avenue & Watson Avenue 10472
- Space Time Playground Between Lafayette & Bolton Avenues 10474
- Kossuth Playground East Mosholu Pkwy North and Kossuth Avenue 10467
- Claremont Park Clay Avenue & Claremont Parkway 10456
- Van Nest Street Between White Plains Road & Victor Street 10460
- McGraw Avenue Between Virginia & Metropolitan Avenues 10462
- 196th Street Between Briggs & Bainbridge Avenues 10458
- 152nd Street 152nd Street & Cortlandt Avenue (Dead End) 10451
- 170th Street Between Park & Washington Avenues 10456
- Theresa Haven 1975 Creston Avenue 10453
- Charlie’s Place 819 East 178th Street 10460
- University Family Shelter 1041 University Avenue, Corner of 167th St 10452
*Please Note: There will be no Playstreets Program on Friday, July 26th.