BronxMama isn’t just for moms, but we know how amazing all mamas are. So, with Mothers Day just a few days away, we want to highlight some fun ways in which you can celebrate around the Bronx.
1. Enjoy a Garden Party this weekend at the New York Botanical Garden. Watercolor painting, picnics, card making, food sampling and more. Native Plant Garden, nybg.org
2. Spend the morning at Wave Hill and go home with some awesome gifts. Honor Mom with paper flowers and unique floral gifts, including fragrant sachets filled with lavender, tied with ribbon and bows and decorated with buds and other natural material. Wave Hill, wavehill.org
4. Put on a pretty dress and tour Bartow Pell Mansion and take some nice photos while you’re there. 12 to 4 p.m. Tours start at quarter past the hour. Bartow Pell Mansion Museum, bpmm.org
5. Splurge on tix to see Patti Labelle at Lehman Center. Saturday, May 11th. Lehman Center, lehmancenter.org
6. Join in on the Mothers Day Eve March Against Gun Violence Organizers have asked everyone to make and bring with you to carry eight paper flowers symbolizing the eight children lost to gun violence every day and the eight mothers a day who lose their babies. Noon, East 138 Street and Brook Avenue
7. Spend the afternoon in Little Italy. Walk around Arthur Avenue enjoying the many tasty treats at different pastry shoppes and eateries. Take home a bag of pizza dough for some homemade zeppoles. Arthur ave, arthuravenuebronx.com
8. No Mothers Day idea post would be complete without a Spa. Spend the day getting pampered and with affordable packages. Tones Day Spa in Pelham Bay and The MJ Treatment are two local spas to try out.
9. Enjoy a trail ride at the Bronx Equestrian Center. Walk-only trail rides are available every day – $35.00 per hour.Trail riding lessons are available – learn to ride while on the trails. $40.00 per hour – by appointment only. Bronx Equestrian Center, bronxequestriancenter.com
10. Go on an ice cream, frozen yogurt, or pastry date. Some of Bronxmama’s faves are Lickety Split on City Island, Twist It in Throggs Neck, The Candy Box in Riverdale, and Leila’s Chocolate in Kingsbridge.