IMAGINATION ACADEMY CHARTER SCHOOL:
A Lincoln Center Institute School
Imagination. Rigor. Community. College Readiness.
WHAT: Come learn about the South Bronx’s newest charter school: Imagination Academy!
WHO: We’re interested in meeting with parents of current third graders because these students will be eligible to enroll in IACS’s first fifth grade class in September 20011.
WHERE: The New York Public Library: Hunt’s Point Branch, 877 Southern Boulevard (at Tiffany St.)
WHEN: Saturday, November 21, 2009
TIME: 12pm – 2pm
Via Train –
- 6 train to Longwood Ave.; walk north two blocks; or proceed to Hunt’s Point Ave. Station; walk south two blocks on Southern Blvd.
- 5 train to Simpson St.;walk south three blocks on Southern Blvd.
- 2 train to Simpson St.; walk south three blocks on Southern Blvd.
Via Bus –
- BX4 — to Simpson St.; walk south three blocks on Southern Blvd.
- BX5 — to Hunt’s Point Ave.; walk south three blocks on Southern Blvd.
- BX6 — to Southern Blvd.; walk south two blocks on Southern Blvd.
- BX19 — to Tiffany St.
Attention Parents of Current Third Graders:
Imagination Academy is coming to the South Bronx!
Lincoln Center Institute (LCI), the arts and education arm of Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, is founding Imagination Academy Charter School: A Lincoln Center Institute School (IACS), a public middle and high school, opening in the South Bronx in 2011. IACS will launch with one hundred 5th graders and grow into a full middle and high school (grades 5-12), adding one new fifth grade per year.
Imagination Academy Charter School Model
IACS is founded on the belief that imaginative learning in all subject areas improves students’ critical thinking skills and prepares them for college and careers in the 21st century economy. Our educational model incorporates LCI’s 30 years of experience in teaching imaginative learning with best practices from high-performing small public schools throughout New York City. In addition to a rigorous academic curriculum, IACS will offer:
- An extended school day and year
- Exceptional teachers and administrators
- Intimate classes with low teacher-student ratios
- A joyful and engaged learning environment
- Lincoln Center Institute Teaching Artists and world-class performances in dance, music and theater
- Interdisciplinary curriculum
Come Learn More About IACS on November 21st
@ the New York Public Library: Hunt’s Point Branch
877 Southern Boulevard (at Tiffany St.): 12pm to 2pm.
Feel free to contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 212.875.5341 if you have any questions or would like more information about IACS. We hope to see you soon!