UPTOWN TOTS. new toddler classes.

Update: So glad you stumbled across this post! It has been years! I originally posted this when my now 9 year old was a toddler. Back then we had some fun meetups and my daughter is still friends with those children! Now, fast forward to 2015 and I have an almost 3 year old and we are creating new memories with new friends!

Thanks to Facebook groups, there are so many great resources for meetups. I went ahead and coined our little crew #BXTots. You can join us here.

But there are some other great Bronx groups you can join as well! Check them out:

Tots on the Go

Tiny Tots and Kids

Also, check out our list of mommy and me classes and meetups here.

I am interested in starting my own toddler classes, but rather than charging an arm and a leg so I can live on the price paid for a half hour doodling session, I want to just get together some parents, ask for supplies or donations for the supplies, and meet up once a month for an hour of doodling, dancing, or baking cookies. I’m not too sure yet on all of the details, but if anyone is interested, please email me or leave a comment.

UPDATE:

If you came across this post from a search engine, please check out the UPTOWN TOTS tab at the top of the page for more information. We have started this group and so far so good! But I will still get your comment if you leave one here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

comments

70 Comments

1. We’d be interested in participating! Only catch is that Pearl is 9.5 months old… so not really into activities yet. But she’d be more than happy to just be able to sit and play with another baby around her age. Keep us posted on any developments.

1. Hi. I have a 10 month old son and I’m definately looking to have a group so he can get together and make friends. I am near Yankee Stadium.

Karen

1. I take care of my 14 month old grandson. Although he is involved with early intervention: I would still like for him to participate in a social setting with other toddlers. We live in the northeast Bronx- near Co op City. Contact me and I will pass the info on to my daughter. Let’ get it started ! Diane

2. hy my name is Miriam Carrion and i have a 2 years old daughter i love your idea so please e-mail me and let me know how fare have you got with this great program i loock forward to hearing from you thank you

3. hi my name is viveen i have a 23 month old daughter and i think your idea is great we are greatly lacking programs and activities in our neighbourhood and communities

4. Hi! I have an 18 month old daughter who really needs a program like this. WE are fairly new to the bronx and don’t have much family here in NY and she needs some fun with children her age!! Keep us posted on your idea!

5. My daughter is 2.9 and very into dancing. I would love to know more.
    Thanks.

6. Wow, my thoughts exactly on your whole concept of living in the Bronx and being on a crazy tight budget but still wanting to provide extra activities & socialization for my pre-schoolers. I have a 2 and 3 year old and would love to participate in your ideas. PLEASE email me if you need any help.

7. I can donate some plaster pieces to paint, but you’d have to figure out how to get them. They are pretty cute.
    Let me know

8. Very interested. I have a 20 mo old son. Please send me more information, thanks.

9. I’m interested, did you ever get anything started? I have a 15 mos.son and expecting a baby girl in Feb. Please contact me with the schedule so I can potentially arrange my work schedule to attend.
    Thanks, GREAT IDEA!!
    Tameka

10. Im very interested in your idea. I have always looked for classes I can afford and need other mothers to hang out with. Please update me and send me more information. I have 2 kids 1 and 3. 😀

11. What a great idea! I live in the Bronx and have a four month old daughter. Looking for any mommy and me activities and opportunities to meet other moms. Please keep me posted!

12. We are a group of mom mostly stay at home moms from the Bronx and Westchester. All we ask is that you are an active member. If you are serious about building relationships for your child please check out the group.

13. I have a 15 month old son and we are always looking for activities in the Bronx. Please let me know when you set something up or if you need volunteers!

I also wanted to share that the Bronx YMCA has creative movement classes for 2-4 year olds. My son was too young to enroll, but the director did tell me that they would open a Mommy and Me class for younger children if enough parents expressed an interest. Here is a link:

1. Hi, I am a member of the Y and I did leave feedback on being interested in a Mommy/Daddy and me Class. Thanks

14. After reading through the article, I feel that I need more information on the topic. Can you share some more resources ?

15. This is GREAT, i’ve been looking for something like this for my 22month old, (especially in the bronx) he’s an only child at the moment (i’m due late june/09) and doesn’t really get out much to socialize with other children his age.. please let me know more information.

Thanks. 🙂

16. i don’t have to say much , but that i have a 27month old girl and i feel just like all others parents …please keep me informed of any activities . Thanks

17. Hi, I have a 20 month old and I am looking for like-minded parents to discuss issues, share information and expose my son to as many healthy, stimulating, ego-enhancing experiences that I can:-) Unfortunately, I CAN NOT afford Gymboree or any of these fancy Manhattan hotspots. I am but a humble Social Worker and definetely NOT in it for the money. But, this is not about me. So, if anyone is really serious about pooling resources and providing our children with the same “cultural experiences” that the 6 figure households are able to, lets brainstorm and make it happen. Talk is free:-)

18. Love love this idea! Keep me informed and updated. We currently take our almost 2 year old son all the way to Manhattan for his classes. Would love something (anything!) in the Boogie Down.

19. So true! And yes, I am very interested in doing something like this. My daughter is 14 months old. Thanks!

20. I recently moved to the bronx with my two children I would love to be apart of the mommie and me programs that you are offering please email me with the details

21. My 19-month old daughter and I used to live in Manhattan, but have relocated temporarily to the Bronx. I’d love to learn more about classes of any type that are going on here. Thank you!

1. Hi!

I went ahead and added you to my email mailing list, and will email you when I plan the next meetup. I am going away this month and for the month of January, but plan on having a meetup as soon as I return. If you can verify your email for me, please email me at NicolePerrino@hotmail.com

Hope to meet you soon!

22. This is a great idea. I’m from Harlem and I really missed the proximity to things like these. I’m desperately searching for a Bronx playgroup w/ some cool moms. PLEASE let me know if this group has been organized yet.

1. Thanks! I have hosted several meetups so far, and they have been great. I am adding you to the email list now, and hope to have a meetup in February being that I will be away for the holidays and for the month of Jan.

1. hi I am a stay at home mom and my son is 17 months old i’d love to meet other kids and parents so he can have some social interaction and me as well. I am a single parent and I feel that he is just so bored at home everyday i’m very interested in finding a playgroup. I live in morris park

23. I am interested in joining a mommy group. I have a 10 month old daughter and I live in the castle hill ave of the bronx..

1. Hi Lisa. My name is Karen and I have a 10 month old son. I think we are pretty far from each other, but i know there is a good Library by you. There are libraries near me too, by Yankee Stadium. I am looking for a group so he can make friends. He loves playing with others!

Karen

24. Hi. My name is Lovie and I have two boys, 2.5 and 1.5. I am currently creating a website for young to mid-age moms who want a positive and equal oppurtunity for their kids, just on a budget. I am in the beginning stages and have seen you forum. I would love to be a part of this process and collaberate with you. Please email me with more details and we can all share our ideas. Look forward to hearing and seeing you all in the near future.

25. I am so interested!! My son CJ is 2.7 and loves kids! I’m always looking for inexpensive ways to spend time with him. Please contact me with any information.

26. I’m new to the Bronx and have an 11 month old son. This is exactly the sort of thing I’m looking for. Please contact me with information.

27. I LOVE THIS IDEA I HAVE A TWO YEAR OLD DAUGHTER AND ITS HARD TO KEEP THEM INTERTAINED IN THE WINTER TIME AND N THE SUMMER WHEN ITS WAY TO HOT TO BE OUT FOR LONG TIME .IM DEFENATELY INTRESTED SO PLEASE KEEP ME UPDATED

28. Hi, I have a two week old daughter and I would love to be around other mothers right now since she’s my only child–please keep me inform

29. Hello,

I too am a Bronx mommy who would love entertain my toddler locally. I think that you have a great idea and I am very interested. If there is anything that I can do to push this venture forward please let me know. Good Luck!

1. As soon as my email is fixed and up and running, I will add you to the list!

30. I am still new in this country-my daughter is 23 months old and she loves dancing and all- I just dont know where to take her,. It is a great idea. Since I dont have any relatives , it would be great for my daughter to interact with other babies and also will be good for me since I am a foreigner and I am still a little nervous interacting with people in this country. Please write to me.

31. I would like to know more about your mommy and me class. Can you please send me some information. Thank you!!

32. I would like to know of any upcoming events. Everything you described is exactly how I feel. I would defeintely be willing to donate paper, crayons etc. Let me know whats needed.

33. im interested to know more bout ur program,i have a 2 yr old daughter.

1. When we plan the next event, it will be posted on the site. You can also sign up for the mailing list so you find out right away =)

34. Such a great idea please keep me updated 😉 thanks

35. I am interested for a dance program for my 2 year old daughter. She loves to dance and want to nuture this.

36. Hello, I happen to come across this. Now I work full time as well and I am super interested in this. Please add me to this list. I am looking for activities for my 2 year old son. He is very much into everything especially all sports. He loves to keep busy and play and the busier he is the better. This way as he gets older he wont have time to get into much trouble lol. Please add me to this I think this is an awesome idea. I also drive so if anything is needed please let me know.

37. My son is 2 year old and am intereting.

38. I actually had the same idea. Right now we travel to manhattan once a week for a gentle separation class (you don’t have to leave your kid) at CMOM but the trek is becoming too much and we also want something that is more than once a week. The content is great. Here is the only problem. I’m interested in something that meets more than once a month, in fact more than once a week, and I would like a teacher of sorts. Parents are fine to participate. If we pooled the resources of a few families we could probably hire someone a semester at a time for a few hours a week…???

39. I was just searching programs for my 14 months old daughter to be part of. I like these ideas here. Keep me posted

40. please let me know. I have three children and wuld very much to jin the group.

Gina

41. Hi! I came across this- if you still have it please send me info and/or add me to your list! Thanks!

42. Hi!

I’m Annie, a professional music educator and the mother of a Bronx-born, 6-month-old son. I’m organizing some parents and kids (ages birth-4) for a “Mommy and Me” music course. I’ve had a lot of interest and other parents in my building (on Grand Concourse) are lining up to participate! (Who knew?!) So far I have two sessions which meet once a week and I would be happy to expand if there is more interest. Please feel free to email me at: annie.barley.givler@gmail.com if you are interested in participating.

Hope to hear from you soon!

43. I am also interested in joining a group for my 1 year old son. When and where is the next upcoming meet-up? Is there a website with this information where I can learn more about the group?

44. This website/organization is fake. I posted on this two years ago and no one ever responded. I’d love to hook up with other mothers. My duaghter is 2 and my son is 10 months. Reply to me directly if you’re serious about linking up with linking up to other mothers

45. a;lways looking for new groups to join with my 2 year old daughter.

1. Hi Angie,

I haven’t been hosting any of my own meet ups lately, but I did start a list of playdates and meet ups in the Bronx. Please check it out. And I do hope to host an event again soon, since I just had a baby girl three weeks ago! 🙂

46. My son is only going to be three months but like others I wish we had mommy and me classes such as yoga closer then in manhattan with prices that were actually reasonable, I think its great for socializing and bonding for my son but as well as for me I need to meet mommys like myself. !

47. I love this idea! My son is 4 and I love doing fun things with him on my days off. However, I really would prefer not to trek into the city when I don’t have to work.

48. My daughter is 2 yrs old. i am extremely anxious to get her into activities.keep me posted please

49. Hi. I’m a mommie of a 13 month old bright eyed baby boy. His name is Demitri. We would be interested in doing this meet up class. Please email info. Ty.

50. Hi I’m interested although my daughter is only 9 months old it would be great to get her around more babies/kids & also it’s a great way to meet other moms as well. I’m in the Pelham area.

51. I have a 17 month old full of energy and growing mind and fast learning skills….. im definitely down with it..

52. My baby Erin is four months and she is earger to play. She loves kids, I want her to become more active and engaging. I know tht she will love to play. This is a great idea!

53. Hi. I have new baby (6 months) and am interested in meeting up with mommies to do things that are near me. (I live in the Bronx.) Thanks!

54. I’m a single two years old daughter. I would like to enroll her in swimming, dance, ballet classes. Or in any social activities where she can learn and also socialized with other kids.

55. Hello,

Have any mommy and me classes surfaced here in the bx as of yet?!!!

56. HELLO, MY NAME IS JENELLY ANS I HAVE A 15 MONTH OLD WHO LOVES TO DANCE. I AM A SINGLE MOTHER AND I WORK DURING THE WEEK HOWEVER WOULD LOVE TO HAVE GET TOGETHERS WITH MY LITTLE ONE AND OTHER MOMMIES AND THERE CHILDREN. PLEASE INFORM ME OF ANY UPCOMING MEETINGS. I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO ATTEND.

JENELLY